Welcome to another year with the St. Mary's Student Environmental Action Coalition! Our first meeting of the year was tonight. We accomplished
- a mathematically nontrivial game of The Human Knot
- group introductions (what is your favorite Crayola color?)
- announcements on the State of SEAC, the State of the Campus, and the State of the State
- brainstorming for Moving Planet and other ideas!
Potential St. Mary's actions:
<!--[if gte mso 9]>
- build a shelter/info sheet/schedule at the bus stop
- critical mass bike ride (in costumes?)
- ride share and bike shop awareness
- lobby for a bike share (have seniors donate bikes?)
- lobby for more sheltered bike racks
- stickers/high fives/etc. for people walking across campus
- flash mob dance ("Electric Slide" into renewable energy?)
(Speaking of transportation issues, here is the school rideshare board and county bus schedule.)
At the end of the meeting, we collected everyone's thoughts on what they want SEAC to accomplish. Come to our next meeting (Wednesday, September 14 at 8:30 in Goodpaster 117) as we compile these into a coherent mission for the year.